The aim of Australian and New Zealand Industrial and Applied Mathematics (ANZIAM) is to:
- Advance the application of mathematics to science, industry and business;
- Promote mathematical research relevant to applications of mathematics;
- Provide for the exchange of ideas and information between applied mathematicians and users of mathematics in science, engineering and industry;
- Encourage the education and training of industrial and applied mathematicians.
As part of that process, each year members of the New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory Branches hold a meeting where academics and students present findings of their research. Moreover the meeting provides an opportunity to get to know your colleagues and to enjoy the annual dinner together. Postgraduate students in particular are encouraged to present their work and will receive free registration which includes attendance at the Conference dinner. Students from outside Sydney presenting talks can also apply for one night's free accommodation.
Thursday 22 November 7pm
Bluesalt Restaurant, Crowne Plaza Hotel, Coogee
|Assoc Prof John M. Murray
Phone: 02 9385 7042
|Dr Jason Sharples
Phone: 02 6268 9466
A very short history of NSW ANZIAM can be found here.
- Professor Natashia Boland, University of Newcastle, "Robust Airline Planning: Modelling Tail Probabilities with Optimization".
- Assoc Prof Andrew Francis, University of Western Sydney, "Modelling bacterial evolution with group theory".
- Assoc Prof Geoff Mercer, Australian National University, "Complex behaviour of seasonally forced disease models".
- Students presenting talks $0 (also free accommodation available -see Registration)
- Member of ANZIAM $30
- Non-member of ANZIAM $60
- Accompanying person for conference dinner $60
Abstract submission 12 October
Registration 5 November
Accommodation request 12 October
Accommodation for the Thursday night at one of the UNSW residential colleges can be arranged directly or through the region contacts.
Accommodation support is available for students from outside Sydney.
For more information, click on the Accommodation tab.
A/Prof John Murray
Dr Jason Sharples